Monday, October 20, 2008

LAWS OF EXPONENTS PART 2

Since I am explaining the laws of exponents to a 3rd grader, i will have to explain this in simplest form.Now, the laws of exponents state that when you multiply a number with the same variable (an unknown value), you can add the exponents. Exponents are the little numbers above the variable,(letter). The exponent shows how many times the letter will be multiplied by itself. It looks like this, a^2. So for example, a^2 * a^2= a^4.Now, the laws of exponents also state that when you divide a number with the same variable, you can subtract the exponents. For example a^2 / a^2=a.

2 Comments:

At November 24, 2008 at 12:16 PM , Blogger MR. ROBB Blog said...

I like how you put the colors it made the blogs pop out it is really goooooooooooooood u is smart i like how u gave examples




roberto robles

 
At November 26, 2008 at 7:15 AM , Blogger Julissa said...

I'm glad you like my blog.But next time you comment on my blog, you better use better vocabulary.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home