Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pythagorean Theorem:2

Another example of using the Pythagorean Theorem in a real life situation is: Rotceh's kitten, Snowflake, is stuck in a tree.The tree is as tall as Rotceh's house.Her house is 12 feet tall.She measured the distance from her house to the tree, the distance is 5 feet.Rotceh needs to know how tall her ladder must be to reach Snowflake.You know 12 ft. and 5 ft. are the legs,so the missing side is the hypotenuse.

3 Comments:

At November 24, 2008 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Anel said...

anel



julissa I think that is a good example of Pythagorean Theorem.

You are a very smart girl.

 
At November 24, 2008 at 11:58 AM , Blogger dashani said...

hi julissa

i really like the way you used one of your classmates as an example and also the way you labled what your leg and hypotenuse

dashani

 
At November 26, 2008 at 7:05 AM , Blogger Julissa said...

Hey Anel,and Dashani,I'm happy you liked my blog.I liked both of yours too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home