Monday, November 17, 2008

Angles part-1

I know when to set an equation that equals 90 degrees because when I have to find the missing angle of a Complementary angle, I know both angles have to equal 90 degrees.For example, one complement is 54 degrees, I have to subtract 54 from 90 to give me 36 degrees.When we set angles that are equal to each other, it is called Congruent.We are incorrectly solving these problems if we only solve for x.For example, 12+x+10+x=90.First we have to combine the like terms,which are x and x.To give us 2x.Then we combine 12 and 10,to give us 22.Then we subtract 22 from 90 to give us 68.Finally, we have to divide 68 by 2,to give us 34 is equal to x.But that's not all we have to do.We also have to plug in the 34 as x in the angles side lengths to find the actual sum of the sides.For example, 12+34=46 and 10+34=44.So 44+46=90.The word Congruent means the same or equal to.Vertical angles are congruent, but complementary angles and supplementary angles are not.Other types of angles that are congruent are corresponding angles.

2 Comments:

At November 24, 2008 at 11:50 AM , Blogger Sm!L3z said...

Hi Julissa

From reading your blog I learned the meaning of what congruent angles.Also I learned that vertical angles are congruent angles.I also learned that other types of angles that are congruent are corresponding angles.

 
At November 26, 2008 at 7:00 AM , Blogger Julissa said...

Hey Sm!L3z,I'm glad you learned something from my blog.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home