Friday, January 30, 2009

Reflections

A reflection is like a mirror image because the figure does not change in size or shape, just location.You can reflect an image over the x-axis or y-axis without knowing the exact rules by counting how many squares are in between the original figure and the axis in which you are flipping it over.Then you count that exact number of squares from the axis and plot your point.The original figure and it's reflection are exactly equal distance from the line of symmetry because the reflected figure has to be the exact same thing as the original (mirror image).I think we could find the line of symmetry if we were given the points of the original figure and the reflection.When I look at two figures, I know which is the transformation because the transformation will allways have an aphostrophe ( A' ) at the top of each letter or point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home